1908- a resolution was sent to Albany, stating that the Grange went on record as being against gambling.
1909- Cards were sent to representatives at Albany, supporting the bill for the prevention of cruelty to animals.
A committee was appointed to take care of the visitors horses.
1910- Ausable Valley Grange elected one of the first woman masters. She was Nellie Thompson.
1911- It was decided to pay the Doctors bill for the member, who was injured while she was preparing a dinner for the members of the Grange. The dinner was held on May 19. That year the Grange also campaigned to get a County Hospital in each County. A letter was sent, asking the Assemblymen from our district, vote to continue keeping roads in good condition. A resolution was to be written against the reciprocity treaty with Canada.
1912- There was talk of getting a Grange grist mill. A committee was appointed to consider co-operative buying, (There was no further discussion of these events in the minutes).
1913- Ausable Valley Grange celebrated its10th anniversary. A vote was taken without dissenting voice against passage of the Bill known as the milk law.
The Adirondack Hall was sold in 1913 and the Grange had to move. The Grange then rented St. Johns Union Hall until purchasing the building known as Horse Nail counting room. Ausable Valley Grange had started looking for a home. Several properties and buildings were looked into before finding and purchasing the Ausable Horse Nail Counting Room building in 1914. Part of the agreement of purchasing the building was to become incorporated.
1914- Incorporation papers were filed on Feb. 16. A lot of work had to be done to the new hall to get it ready to have meetings in it. Members all pitched in to help with the work. Some work was hired out to community members. Two bills for work were 10 days at 1.50 per day $15.00, and 222 hours labor @ $,20 per hour for a total of $34.40.The first meeting in the new hall took place on April 3 and dedication of the hall was held on June 30, of that year. This meeting had a sad note to it as a member who worked very hard to find a new home for the Grange had died. The charter was draped in memory of John Lynch. The State Grange Overseer, Brother Lowell, was present at the dedication service. About 150 members and friends attended the dedication, and after the program a wonderful supper was served by the ladies of the Grange.
1915- Grange members requested that our Supervisors vote for the founding of a Farm Bureau in Essex County. An illustrated talk on the protection of farm, forest and shade trees was given by Mr. Green from the College of Forestry Syracuse.
1916- An old fashion spelling bee was held and everyone had a wonderful time.
The Farmers Institute and the Agricultural School, were held at the hall. These were held at the hall for several years.
1917- First year to have an exhibit at the Essex County Fair. The Master reported on the results of trial of G. B. Schermerhorn, who had been arrested for seditious statements. The Master reported that he was honorably discharged from all charges. A resolution was sent to the secretary of Agriculture and President Wilson with the view that conscription of farm laborers, as weakening farm production. Extension School was held here. A resolution was sent to President Wilson, insisting that all distilleries and breweries in the U.S. be closed, making the U.S. a dry country. A member planned a tour of the county and expressed the desire to have at least 100 autos join him and have a picnic lunch in Morrisonville.
1918- A service flag was purchased. A star was added to the flag each time a member went into the service. The last time the flag was mentioned was 1943.
Collected money for an ambulance for "over there" service of the Red Cross. A Cornell demonstrator gave a demonstration on making cottage cheese.
1919- E.W. Arthur (charter member) had a 90th birthday party and invited all the Grange members to come and help him celebrate. Town wished to use the hall for voting four times a year. The Grange went on record in favor of keeping Chiropractors in practice. Grange sent a resolution in protest of daylight savings.
1920- The membership burned their mortgage note. Some windows were broken. Members suspected a number of young boys. There was talk of purchasing GLF Stock. (no mention as to whether stock was purchased).
1921- When the Master (Will Thompson) was absent from the September meeting someone explained he had gone to get married. A resolution was quickly presented and passed that he be sent a telegram of congratulations along with an application of membership for his new bride. She joined in November (Marion S. Thompson).
1923- There was talk of having a radio installed in the hall. The members questioned whether or not it would be a good investment for the Grange. The membership decided to have one installed but no mention as to whether this ever happened was made. There was concern about how the inside doors opened. Members wondered if it was illegal for doors to open in. They couldn't find the answer but eventually the doors were all changed to open out. Lecturers conferences were held here many times over the years. The members checked into prices for getting water into the hall: 1 faucet $3.00 each, additional one $1.00 each.
1924- Water was put in the hall and piped into the kitchen (the kitchen was in the basement at that time. It served the first floor via a dumbwaiter).
1925- Port Douglas Ferry asked to put up sign on back of the hall. $10.00 was paid for this privilege for each season.
The Grange purchased the V shaped plot of land behind the building including the working scales which had been installed there. The dormer windows were removed from the roof.
1932- A Juvenile Grange was organized with Margaret Lacy as first Matron. Juvenile Grange lasted until 1942. Was started again in 1965 and lasted until 1971 when it disbanded again.
1933- Ausable Valley Grange was awarded a Banner for having the best attendance at Pomona Grange during the year. This banner is still hanging in the hall. The Chamber of Commerce asked to put an information booth on Grange property. It was decided to allow the construction, which proved to be a thorny issue when the Chamber didn't hold up their end of the bargain. After the Chamber fell 3 years behind on the electric bill for their booth they were asked to remove it from the premises. Ausable Valley Grange went on record as being in favor of a reduction in telephone rentals.
1934- Resolution in regard to continue Essex County Fair was sent to the Clerk of the board of Supervisors.
1935- Communication from the Federal Land Bank announcing interest reduction on farm loans to 4 1/2 %. A years supply of wood was donated, if members would get together and cut it.
1936- A faucet was installed in the dining room on the first floor. Ausable Valley Grange won the traveling gavel. It was suggested that the Grange have a softball team, but no mention of that happening was ever made.
1937- The first edition of the Grange Gossip Sheet a was read and members voted to oppose having a toll placed on the Barge Canal.
1938- Grange decided to join Chamber of Commerce.
1939- The bridge was repaired and a sidewalk was put in from the side door to the street.
1940- F.G.Y. Broadcasting invited the Grange to attend Farm Broadcasting Celebration. Decided to change meeting night to 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month for 1941.
1941- A resolution was written and a copy sent to the State Highway Dept. to reconstruct the highway south of Keeseville, and to construct a new bridge across the Ausable River at Keeseville.
1942- Discussion centered on the upcoming 40th Anniversary of Ausable Valley Grange. It was suggested that the ladies crochet pieces for the officer’s tables.
A resolution against the sale of liquor especially in the army was passed. All members present signed the resolution. Rubber and scrap metal were collected for the war.
1943- Silver Star certificates (25 year Members) were presented to six members. A very interesting and Informative talk was given about victory gardens.
1948- A petition was sent to D&H Co. to have the train make daily stops at Port Kent throughout the year.
1945- It was decided that members would make scrapbooks to send to the Veterans hospital. Several books were made and sent. A very interesting and educational moving picture of Victory Gardening was shown.
1948- Bridge in front of hall was removed.
1950- The master was picked to be the delegate to State Grange. Someone suggested that he get married before State Grange (master was Walter Pray).
1951- Resolutions of respect were read for the last remaining charter member. The charter was draped for George B. Thompson. Sink and counter were installed in dining room. Members agreed that anyone renting or using the hall was forbidden to serve alcohol in the building or on the premises.
1953- The Ausable Valley Grange celebrated its 50th anniversary. A collection of bowls was presented by Pomona S&H committee in celebration of the event. Santa Claus came that year and put on a wonderful program.
1963- Grange members went on record as opposing the Champlain Seaway. We believe something happened to the hall during this time because there are no minutes from November 1963 until March 1964.
1964- Damage to hall was explained and a committee was appointed. They were to use their own judgment as to fixing the damage. The minutes are silent regarding what happened but at the next meeting there is a bill for glass (could this be the fabled incident which alleges that at some time in the past one of Bezio's fuel oil trucks drifted across the street ramming the hall?).
1971- Some electrical work was done. Wiring for an electric stove was installed.
1973- An electric stove was purchased and installed. Christmas food and gift sales were started and were held each year until 1980.
1976- A Grange Prince and Princess contest was held at Ausable Valley Grange Hall.
1979- 65, 60, 50 & 25 year members were presented with certificates, State Grange Overseer Roger Miller and his wife Audry were present. The program included music by the Merry Makers.
1981- First year for a Grange float in the fireman’s field day parade. A float has been in the parade every year since 198l.
1982- Grange members organized a food sale with the proceeds going to the Perky baby who had been born with a heart defect.
1984- A special county wide meeting was held to honor 75, 70, 65, 60 & 50 year members. State Grange Master Bert Morse and his wife were present. A birthday party was held in honor of Marion Thompson's 91st birthday a special carousel cake was served. The carousel was her favorite ride at the fair
1987- The roof was repaired and the front of the hall was painted.
1988-The 85th anniversary of the Grange was celebrated with a program of music by Joe and Doris Marrow and whistling by Emma Tarro. Stuffed toys were donated to Head Start. The Grange membership donated toys for about 3 years.
1990- Application was made to request a grant from the National Heritage Foundation to refurbish the Grange Hall.
1991- The Grange held its first annual tree and wreath sale.
1992- The National Heritage Foundation approved the Grange application to refurbish the Grange Hall.
1993- 90th Anniversary was celebrated. State Grange Master Bill Benson and his wife Cindy were present. Field Day float wins trophy.
1996- Keene Grange merges with the Ausable Valley Grange.
1997- Grange booth at the Essex County Fair is painted.
1998- Ausable Valley Grange donated to the Keeseville Fire Department to support Ice Storm recovery efforts.
2000- Membership donated to the Richard McCormick Scholarship fund.
2001- Two chairs from Ausable Valley Grange were donated to the State Grange Museum.
2002- Fund raising committee was formed. Building renovations were planned and a committee was formed to oversee the restoration.
2003- Membership grows by over 15 new members, renovations begin on hall and centennial celebration is planned.